5.29.2006

What do you see?



Four Pairs Plus One
Venice, October 2005



I see something different everytime I look at this photograph that I took on a bridge alongside the Bridge of Sighs in Venice, Italy. As some have commented, the lone man in the scene makes the photo. He is in sharp contrast with the four couples walking hand-in-hand, going in the opposite direction.

Here are some of my thoughts:
- Loneliness. Like the couples, we go through life with someone, but the end of the journey is taken alone.
- Uniqueness. Being a non-conformist. Going against the flow.

What do you see?

1 comment:

taffer said...

Odd. This will sound very strange but his loneliness and the sort of halo I can see around him makes me think on something like a visitor from another time. For sure he has a sense of being 'different' to the place and people around him.