5.28.2006

Day 7: Return to Prague



Ahoj!

It is Sunday, 5.07.06. The "Vindobona" train got us back to Prague in one piece at 3pm. It is time for "goodbye" stops: a late lunch of basta (pronounced "bashta") at "three bears." The name is fitting, as the spanish "enough" sums it up - a combination platter of all the things you would ever want to eat in Prague, with a one liter stein of dark beer to wash it all down. I wish I had learned of this dish earlier!

Last minute shopping at Hvelska market. I got a Praha patch for my travel bag. Sunset on the Charles Bridge. We are all packed for the trip back home tomorrow. Ironically, we missed seeing Prague Castle, of all things. Well, we did touch the gold cross on the side of the bridge (the "authentic one" according to locals, hiding silently a few feet away from the one mobbed by tourists), so I guess we will be back someday!

Prague photo gallery
Vienna photo gallery coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles Bridge looks amazing in winter! I like it so much. It remains me a picture from some magic tale.