5.25.2006

First Post

I have had my little moleskine for about 6 months now, and it has become indispensable. I had never been a big PDA fan since my first Palm Pilot (yes, the very first version) crashed in 1998. It was a new gadget back then, and I got it cheap from a Russian co-intern who bought one without realizing that she also needed a PC to hotsync the device to. But that's another story.

Since then, I have gone back to using planners (or agenda, if you want to get fancy) like the good old days. And post-it notes, plenty of them, for my to-do lists. Invariably, they go from shirt pocket to the top of the dresser. After enough have accumulated to get me worried that I am overlooking something important written on them, the items that have not yet been done (guess I didn't need the list, after all) get pared down to a fresh list. And the cycle begins again.

Well, not anymore.

It's also been a great travel journal. During our last cruise, the "journal" consisted of scribbles on sheets of hotel stationery tucked haphazardly in my suitcase pocket. They're here waiting to be blogged later this weekend. Seven months later.

Not anymore.

The moleskine's also been great for jotting packing lists, hotel and restaurant addresses (to show your non-English speaking taxi driver where to take you), and just about anything. And the lists don't get lost.

3 comments:

Ray A. said...

Nice work, Ray. I use a Moleskine notebook, as well. I was also a heavy early PalmPilot user. Keep up the good work!

Ray A. said...

Nice work, Ray. I'm also a Moleskine owner, and was a heavy early user of the PalmPilot, so I know where you're coming from. Keep up the good work! I'll visit again.

RG said...

Thanks, Ray.