4.08.2007

Midlife Crisis

Well here it is, I am 40.

This post is a couple of days late. I may be getting forgetful.

My nephew asked me how it feels like being old.

I don't know. I don't feel any different.

Except I have to stretch my arms farther to read the restaurant menu.

I look back at the past 40 years and all I can say is I am blessed.

My wife, my kids, my family and friends.

Great people to work with. A job I love. Having made a difference, even just to a few.

A diversion I am passionate about.

Places I have been, people I have met.

Mentors I have learned from. Students I have learned from.

Opportunities I have been given still stagger my mind. The responsibilities that follow stagger me even more.

The choices I have made.

The mistakes I learned from.

The hard work. The late nights.

The time to relax. Sunday mornings cuddling in bed with the kids.

Crisis? I guess I am just a half-full kind of guy.

1 comment:

Mudflapgypsy said...

Belated birthday greetings.

I turned 38. Still feel 22.