11.02.2006

Shooting Colors

Two Saturdays ago, I met up with Peter, Ralph and Chris BEFORE SUNRISE for the RFF New England Chapter autumn shooting drive. The previous day's storm clouds had given way to a bright, crisp New England fall morning. Ralph had planned the route, and we drove along scenic CT-49.








I had never shot fall colors with a rangefinder before, and it was certainly a welcome change. It was also my first with slide film. These were taken with Velvia 100.

Looking at the slides through a loupe, I was completely blown away. Scans with the KM Scan Dual IV were disappointing, and now I am starting to doubt whether I am fully realizing the potential of the lenses with scanning or even having prints made by the lab. The results I have gotten for b&w - scans, cn-41 lab prints, and wet prints I have done myself (I admit, I have not tried b&w slides yet) - I think are fairly comparable. But color?

No comments: