11.27.2006

Monochrome Landscapes




Canopy of the Costa Rican rainforest.
This was shot suspended by cable just above the canopy, 160 ft high.


I don't shoot much landscape. Maybe it is because of this month's issues of Lens Work and B&W Photography, but I found myself experimenting with landscapes in mono. And liking it.

Landscapes always looked nicer (to me) in medium or large format. It never looked right in 35mm. And boring in color. For some reason, landscapes shot digitally look closer to MF. Look at the current issue of Lens Work if you don't believe me. And notice as well that close to half of the images in the issue were shot with digital. Unheard of just a year ago.

Here are my humble efforts. I think I will be giving this more thought.





Rainforest


Bromeliad



Rock formations, Aruba



Queue of ships waiting to cross from the Pacific, Panama.



Broccoli tree

No comments: